In this humorous hour-long panel at the Catalyst Content Festival, “influencers” Walter Masterson and Maximillian Clark talked to the crowd about their path to great social media storytelling.
Over a few months, both creators grew their following on TikTok from zero to almost a million. How did they get there? Here were their takeaways.
- Start with one platform
- Pick one platform where your target audience hangs out and focus on it. They chose TikTok.
- Make as much content as possible
- Try things and figure out what your audience likes. Through this trial and error, you’ll learn what works and what doesn’t.
- Find your niche
- Once you’ve figured out what the people want, give it to them. Make more and more content based on what’s thriving.
- Expand your platform
- Once you’ve got your one platform thriving, put extended content or similar content on other platforms. Ask followers to check out your other pages.
- Keep creating
- Nuf said.
Do you agree or disagree with this advice? Let us know in the comments below.